We're the Child Protection Center (CPC) -- a nationally accredited child advocacy center founded in 1996 to provide forensic interviews for children from Jackson, Cass and a portion of Lafayette Counties in Missouri who are victims of sexual or severe physical abuse, neglect or who have witnessed a homicide or extreme violence.
There is no charge for our services.
At CPC we:
- Provide objective forensic interviews for children, ages 3-17, after allegation of abuse
- Digitally record forensic interviews to preserve the child's statement
- Provide recorded interviews to law enforcement, child abuse investigators, attorneys, medical and mental health personnel
- Provide families with compassionate, comprehensive referrals to medical, counseling, legal & social services
- Follow-up with families to help them overcome barriers to these crucial services
- Help victims and families on the path toward healing