Children are referred to the Child Protection Center for a forensic interview (their statement about the abuse) after a report is made to Missouri Children’s Division (Child Protective Services) or law enforcement about a child who needs help.
The CPC provides a safe, child-friendly, neutral environment for children and adolescents to be interviewed about allegations of abuse.
As a part of our services, the Child Protection Center:
- Digitally records each interview
- Provides access to recorded interviews for law enforcement and child abuse investigators, thus reducing the number of time a child must be interviewed
- Identifies a child's mental health and medical needs and provides referrals for treatment
- Provides supportive services for the victim and family throughout the investigative process
- Coordinates a multidisciplinary response to the case