Report Child Abuse
If you suspect that a child is being abused or neglected, report it immediately to the Child Abuse Hotline* or call 911.
*Hotline number if you are in Missouri: 800-392-3738
*Hotline if you are not in Missouri: 573-751-3448
Text telephone number: 1-800-669-8689.
*Hotline for children living in Kansas: 800-922-5330
*The Children’s Division Child Abuse and Neglect Hotline Unit (CA/NHU) accepts confidential reports of suspected child abuse, neglect, or exploitation. Reports are received through a toll-free telephone line which is answered seven days a week, 24 hours a day.
If the child is in immediate danger, call 911.
What to do if you think a child has been abused:
- Keep calm
- Listen to the child
- Reassure the child that they did the right thing by telling
- Reassure the child that they are not in trouble
- Answer the child's questions honestly
- Report the allegations to the police and the Children's Division or Social and Rehabilitative Services (SRS)
- Don't pressure the child to talk about the allegations